- Mailing address (personal and business)
- Email address (personal and business)
- Telephone number
We do not need, and we ask that you do not submit or disclose to us, any sensitive PII, such as social security numbers, demographic information, or other personal characteristics.
- Types of PII Collected. While use and access of the Site generally does not require the collection of PII, Biospark does collect PII, including the examples specified above, when you interact with specific functionality(ies) of the Site. For example, when you sign up for a mailing list or newsletter, or when you submit a question or contact us through the Site, we will collect your name and email address. Your submissions may also contain PII, although we ask that you limit or do not submit or disclose such information if practicable. We also collect certain Usage Information (as defined below), but do not consider that to be PII. See Section 7 for more information on Usage Information. We may also aggregate and/or anonymize PII so that it is no longer considered PII, and we may use and disclose such data for any purpose.
- Why We Collect PII. Biospark may collect and use PII for legitimate business purposes, including:
- To provide Site functionality. This includes our ability to provide the Site, including any functionality that requires you to submit PII, as well as our ability to respond to your inquires or requests, when you contact us through one of our online contact forms or send us queries to the contact email address specified below or elsewhere on the Site. We also use your PII to send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Site, our services, or changes to our terms and policies.
- To provide our newsletter or other marketing materials. This includes our ability to send you newsletters, publications, or other marketing material that you have requested or we think may be of interest to you, as well as updates on our services and the firm.
- To perform other business purposes. This includes data analysis to improve and develop the Site or our outreach efforts, to perform audits as necessary to verify our internal processes, to meet any legal or regulatory obligations, and to improve or modify our services.
These activities are meant to fulfill and manage our contractual obligations, to comply with legal obligations, and/or for a legitimate business interest.
- Disclosure of PII. Biospark discloses your PII:
- To third party service providers. This includes third party service providers that facilitate our ability to provide the Site, including any functionality that permits you to interact with the Site, as well as our ability to respond to your inquiries or requests, such as website hosting services, data analysis services, information technology and infrastructure related services, newsletter and email delivery services, auditing services, and marketing services.
- To comply with legal obligations. This includes compliance with applicable laws and regulations, cooperation with government and other legal authorities, including law enforcement, and for other legal reasons, such as enforcement of our terms and policies or to protect rights of others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction. This includes third parties involved in a merger, sale, reorganization, joint venture, or other assignment or transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business (including in connection with bankruptcy).
- Modifications and Retention of PII; Opt-Out.
- Modification or Removal. You may request a copy of, and modify, your PII at any time by sending us a request as specified in Section 11 below. In your request, please be clear about what PII you would like modified and how, or whether you would like to have your PII removed from our database. Biospark will use reasonable efforts to respond to your request, consistent with applicable law. We may need to verify your identity before processing your request. Please note that we may not be able to permanently remove your PII from the Site due to, for example, archival copies.
- Retention. Biospark retains PII for as long as needed or permitted given the purpose(s) for which the PII was obtained, subject to applicable law.
- Opt-Out. If you have elected to receive certain communications from us and would no longer like to receive them going forward, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions in any such communications or by sending us a request as specified in Section 11 below. Please note that we may still need to send you administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out, even if you elect to opt-out of certain communications.
- Usage Data. When you use the Site, which may be hosted in part or wholly by a third party, information about your activities and other use (“Usage Information”) may be collected by the Site indirectly and automatically, including through the use of “cookies”. Biospark uses this information to manage the Site and to improve and develop the Site. You may decline cookies, in which event some portions of the Site may not operate properly.
- Minors. The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect PII from such individuals.
- Data Transfers. Your PII is stored and processed in the US.